In modern dentistry, there is a wide ranging and varied spectrum of treatments and procedures that people may undergo. There are those that are the general maintenance of oral health such as cleaning and polishing and the application of juvenile braces and also those that are classed as cosmetic dentistry which can be anything from a whitening process to veneers.
Most people will only have a few procedures during their lifetime, but sometimes there is a need for more. While some people were lucky to be blessed with straight, even, bright teeth, unfortunately others can have a mouthful of problems that can include any of the following in combination: misaligned bite, crooked teeth, yellow teeth, chipped or cracked teeth, even missing teeth. This is when a full mouth dental reconstruction in Los Angeles might be sought. Here is some idea of what may be involved.
- Sometimes also known as full mouth restoration, dental reconstruction is defined as a series of treatments and procedures that include any number of stages including the likes of dental crowns, bridges, fillings, inlays and onlays. The goal is to fix all and any problems within the mouth to give the patient a completely clean bill of health and hygiene.
- Depending on the severity of your specific issues, the process of dental reconstruction can run anywhere from 3 treatments to double figures in terms of how many times you need to visit the dentist surgery.
- In terms of being a candidate for dental reconstruction, the most common causes for needing such a series of treatments usually include people who have a number of broken, worn down or missing teeth. These teeth might be damaged from a trauma, or in some cases simply that you were born without a number of adult teeth that never came through. For either of these cases, the usual courses of treatment involves treatments like the installation of dental implants and application of porcelain veneers.
- The process will always begin with an initial examination in which your dentist will identify every problem that you have, and a plan can then be made and the course of treatments can begin.
- In terms of schedule, you need to put your trust in the dentist and their expertise. They will recommend where to start with the treatment, most commonly sorting out the minor issues before moving on to the more extensive procedures once they have a good base from which to work. Whether you need a small amount of work a large amount of work, the dentist will always know where to start tackling the problem and in which order to do the treatments. For example, you may need to wear braces to straighten your teeth before veneers are fitted.
A world-renowned cosmetic dentist well practiced in dental reconstruction in Los Angeles is Anthony Mobasser DMD. He has treated global celebrities as well as regular citizens of the city for many years with well-reputed success. If you think you are a good candidate for this process, give the clinic a call for a consultation.