So, How Do You Find The Right Cosmetic Dentist?
You should choose your cosmetic dentist based on his or her training, education, confidence, and how many years he or she has been practicing cosmetic dentistry. Also, you should become informed about how often the doctor performs the specific procedure you want. As an added precaution, you should investigate whether your cosmetic dentist has claims against him or her with respect to the procedure you are considering or with respect to other issues.
Upon your visit for consultation, you should ask the following Top 10 questions to find which Best Cosmetic Dentist fits your needs:
- How long have you been performing this specific cosmetic procedure?
It takes more than thousands of hours, and more than countless procedures done successfully to become an expert at something, make sure the dentist is an expert in the procedure you are inquiring about.
- How many times have you performed this procedure? How many in the past year?
Even if someone has been proficient in the past, if they have not kept up with it, they will be rusty, you don’t need them to use you for practice. Experience and years of practice is vital.
- What are the pro’s and con’s for this procedure?
All procedures have pro’s and con’s, if they can only tell you the pro’s, it means they are afraid to tell you the con’s, this is a very bad sign.
- What are the risks and benefits of this procedure?
Does this procedure carry a risk or an impact on my life? There is always benefits but there are risks too that you must be informed.
- Are there any other options I may have?
Some dentists will try and steer you to a procedure they like – make sure its the right procedure for you!
- How many of your patients had to redo, revise, or correct this procedure again?
If patients have to come back to have a procedure corrected frequently, the dentist is probably not an expert in that procedure.
- May I review before and after pictures?
We do before and after photos for every single patent, you will see the difference and it will amaze you.
- Do I have any choices regarding performing the procedure via IV sedation, oral sedation, or with the help of an anesthesiologist so I do not feel anything?
Not everyone is comfortable in a dentist chair; if you face anxiety or resistance to normal dental anesthesia, sedation dentistry may be for you.
- May I talk with patients of yours who have had the same procedure as the one I’m interested in?
Not all patients are willing to do this, but if there are satisfied customers, there will be someone willing to talk about it.
- Do you have your own master ceramist and do you do custom work on the color and shape of this specific procedure?
You want any implant, bridge or veneer to fit correctly and be colored to match your existing teeth.
- Are my gums in satisfactory health before I start this cosmetic procedure? (Periodontal disease can compromise the final outcome of any cosmetic procedure!)
A Full evaluation should preceed any procedure.
- How many visits and how much time is required to complete this procedure?
Is your schedule going to be burdened more than you realize? It’s good to know that going in.
- Are there any further costs besides the costs of the procedure itself?
Being surprised by the final cost is never going to make anyone happy!
- How do I maintain my cosmetic dentistry investment?
Once you have everything the way you want it, you want to ensure that you keep it that way for as long as possible. Knowing how to maintain your teeth after the procedure is critical.
- Are there any compromises as far as my dental health (my roots, my gums, and my bone) that I should be aware of?
The last thing my patients are looking for is to compromise their overall dental health. Make sure the procedure won’t do more harm than good.
Dr Anthony Mobasser is considered to be one of the top 10 dentists around the World practicing cosmetic dentistry for over 25 years, in Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, and Hollywood CA area. If you need to Redesign your smile within days, do not hesitate to ask for your consultation.