In the modern world, dentistry is not just about doing away with aching teeth. It has evolved into a more refined procedure that involves a variety of process that will restore you sharp smile. This has given rise to the emergency of cosmetic dentistry. Dentists who categorize themselves under this area of specialization will go beyond the traditional dental operations in order to do away with any deformities. This will be a great boost your confidence as well as to improve your public appearance. Nowadays, people will opt for cosmetic dentistry to repair undesirable trait or merely for fashion and as a mark of identity.
There are various types of procedure that fall under cosmetic dentistry. Some of the most common ones are:
- Whitening- due to various reasons, you teeth may become discolored over time. In some few cases, it hereditary or just due to age. Bleaching is done on the enamel to remove such strains and restore that white color.
- Shaping and aligning-there are several cases why teeth might become misaligned and contours develop. Cosmetic dentistry can perfectly align and reshape your teeth. This is majorly done for better appearance since there is no health risk associated such misalignment.
- Refilling and closing gaps- these are done for broken teeth and in cases where there are gap between teeth. A colored material matching your teeth is carefully placed on the enamel.
- Repairing teeth structure and shape-this process involves use of veneers which restore color, shape, spacing or surface of your teeth. It is one of the few cosmetic dentistry processes that do not require use of anesthesia.
- Dental bridges- these are artificial teeth which are placed in positions where teeth have been lost. They may be permanent or temporary which are removable as one may wish.
Before undergoing through any dental reconstructing procedures, it is advisable to engage your dentist on the advantages and also the risks that are associated with the particular procedure you are after. Some procures can have adverse consequences with no options of averting back to the original state should the procedure go south. Many cosmetic dentists will show you pictures of before and after operations of successful clients. However, you should engage your dentist to paint a clear image of the procedure, post-procedure requirements and side effects which might show up. Be on the lookout for unscrupulous dentists who are only interested in making money. It is much better to pay some extra cash and get a service that you are not going to regret later. Gather information about the clinic if it is new to you. With the modern information technology, you can easily find all the information you want from the internet. It may be a tedious process analyzing different reviews but it is worth especially since it concerns your health.