In the modern world, dentistry is not just about doing away with aching teeth; it has evolved into a more refined procedure involving various processes that will restore your brilliant smile. This has given rise to the emergency of cosmetic dentistry. Dentists who categorize themselves under this area of specialization will go beyond traditional dental operations to do away with any deformities. This will be a significant boost to your confidence as well as improve your public appearance. Nowadays, people will opt for cosmetic dentistry to repair undesirable traits or merely for fashion and as a mark of identity.
Various types of procedures fall under cosmetic dentistry. Some of the most common ones are:
- Whitening- for various reasons, your teeth may become discolored over time. In some cases, it is hereditary or just due to age. Bleaching is done on the enamel to remove such strains and restore that white color.
- Shaping and aligning-there are several cases why teeth might become misaligned, and contours develop. Cosmetic dentistry can perfectly align and reshape your teeth. This is majorly done for a better appearance since no health risk is associated with such misalignment.
- Refilling and closing gaps- these are done for broken teeth and in cases where there are gaps between teeth. A colored material matching your teeth is carefully placed on the enamel.
- Repairing teeth’ structure and shape involves using veneers that restore your teeth’ color, shape, spacing, or surface. It is one of the few cosmetic dentistry processes that do not require anesthesia.
- Dental bridges- these are artificial teeth that are placed in positions where teeth have been lost. They may be permanent or temporary, removable as one wishes.
Before undergoing any dental reconstructing procedures, it is advisable to engage your dentist on the advantages and risks associated with the particular procedure you are after. Some can have adverse consequences with no options of returning to the original state should the procedure go south. Many cosmetic dentists will show you pictures of successful clients before and after operations. However, you should engage your dentist to paint a clear image of the procedure, post-procedure requirements, and side effects that might show up. Be on the lookout for unscrupulous dentists only interested in making money. It is much better to pay some extra cash and get a service you will not regret later. Gather information about the clinic if it is new to you. With modern information technology, you can easily find all the information you want on the internet. Analyzing different reviews may be tedious, but it is worth it, especially since it concerns your health.
Are you looking for a cosmetic dentist in Los Angeles? If you want to improve your smile and feel more confident, look no further than Dr. Anthony Mobasser.
With over 30 years of experience, Dr. Mobasser uses advanced techniques and top-tier technologies to correct imperfections in your teeth, giving you a perfect smile.
Dr. Mobasser has amassed a long list of celebrity clientele who know they can count on him to help them put their best face forward. If you want a Hollywood smile, contact the staff at Dr. Mobasser’s Los Angeles office to schedule your first appointment.
To make the process easier, we offer free consultations to begin the journey toward your new smile. Call us today to get started!
Follow us on Facebook for daily updates and oral health tips!